See our most recent blog post about our family HERE.
In 1985, Mark Williams and his new wife Andrea began a journey that would encompass Mark’s love for photography and Andrea’s love for people inspired by their own love for each other. Almost 30 years and over 500 weddings later they, along with their three daughters, Marielle, Julianne, and Caroline, continue the Williams family legacy of true passion for photography art, and love. “As a family, we work together in a business that we all know and love. The skills that our parents have passed on to us and continue to represent in such a successful business are quite a precedent for us to follow.”
Mark Williams Studio is know for capturing timeless portraits since 1985! Our family is photographing second and third generations, and has yet to get boring. The timeless approach to portrait photography has continued to be a service that families prefer for their portraits. Our brand is well known for being the most quality portrait photography in our area and state. We typically prefer a very simple and pure approach to our family, newborn, and baby portrait photography. We attempt to focus on documenting your family or child in a beautiful surrounding, but without distracting from their natural beauty in the photo. We want the images to be something that will never go out of style and will be cherished for years to come. We specialize in a number of areas of portrait photography, including maternity, newborn, baby, and family sessions. We like to offer as much advice for the experience as possible. We offer some simple baby wardrobe items for newborn and baby sessions, including Beaufort Bonnet swaddles, and a wide range of Feltman Brothers clothing, Peaches Barnes Heirloom Couture as well as a number of hand knit items for those tiny babies. Our props (when used) are typically very neutral and timeless, most of which have been a part of our family or studio going on 30-200 years. We want to provide our client with the opportunity to purchase printed and framed artwork from their session and are open for view sessions in our studio after the online view gallery has been launched. We also offer our clients to option to purchase other prints, products, and discs in order to ensure that their memories are well preserved.
We attempt to offer our clients portraits in very neautral tones, beautiful lighting, simple props when necessary, and try to evoke a wide range of emotions and expressions for the client to view and order from. A typical session in ourstidio displays anywhere from 70-200 images for proofing galleries. We like for the client to be able to choose the expressions that they love and know of their children, instead of narrowing the selection down to 20 images on our own.
We love preserving and “documenting life” as you know it, and the emotions that you will always remember from it. We don’t seek to use your photographs to win a ton of likes on social media, but more seek to present you with a moment in time that you can hold on to forever.
- Photographer, Graphic Artist, Sister
- Caroline @caroline_mws is a quickly advancing photographer and youngest member of the Mark Williams Family. Her indie style and appreciation for natural tones comes to life in her unique work. Her artistic talent and eye is a brilliant addition to the family. She typically shoots alongside Mark at weddings, but we blend our wedding day teams to best fit our clients. She enjoys riding horses (and if course taking pictures of horses), shopping online, snow skiing, snuggling with her cat and Australian Sheppard's, and representing Jesus Christ in her actions as an individual. She graduates with her Associates degree in May and will continue persuing her college career along side being an active team member here at Mark Williams Studio.
Marielle Williams Singletary
- Lead Photographer, Graphic Designer, Event Designer, Sister
- Marielle has always been a LIVE, SLEEP, EAT, and BREATHE artist. Her interests in art began as a young child. She now is a highly skilled photographer (both film and digital), oil portrait painter, charcoal sketch artist, paper stylist, wedding floral designer, and the list goes on. She loves spending time with her husband, toddler Calvin, dog Drake, and making memories with her family. She is a graduate of Georgia Southern University with a BA in Art Studio. And emphasis areas in digital photography, film photography, film photo processing, and graphic design.
- Owner, Lead Photographer, Business Manager, Daddy
- Mark grew up in Charlotte, NC. and studied B&W photography at Myers Park High School with the best high school photography teacher in the nation, the iconic Byron Baldwin. He is first and foremost a fine art film photographer with over 35 years experience shooting film for leisure and in our portrait studio. His eye for composition, color, and light is what has led us to the knowledge of an avid photography team. He could easily skip work on any given day to hang out with his twin grandson Calvin or to take on a renovation/construction project. He also has a heart for landscaping and gardening at home and watching Duke and Carolina basketball (or any sport). He loves Georgia Bulldog football and is a (long time) Dallas Cowboys fan. He is active in church leadership roles, has served as interim youth pastor, deacon chairman at his church and has been president of his local Exchange Club for multiple terms. He is the studio computer technician and networking specialist. He (and our family) strive to share the light of Jesus Christ through his work life. He enjoys making clients happy and seeing them re-live the moments as they see their images for the first time.
- Co-Owner, Public Relations, Bookkeeping, Assistant Photographer, Mama
- Andrea, the dreamer in the family, encouraged her young, shy husband Mark to pursue his talents early in their marriage. Never in her wildest dreams could she imagine that the dreams of a young couple who simply loved creating ways to remember special times would ultimately give birth to The Mark Williams Studio Family! The credit for all of this talent can only be given to God! She earned a degree from Georgia Southern University in journalism and was born with a sincere love for people along with the ability to always give 'motherly advice'! She enjoys every moment at home and especially 'work' with her family.
Julianne Williams Blount
- Public Relations, Assistant Photographer, Event Designer, Sister
- Julianne is the voice behind Mark Williams Studio. She has a deep passion for serving our clients and getting to know our brides and potential brides. Her attention to detail and composition none (you could probably say that she and Marielle are twins in the realm of photography style). Julianne is a graduate of Georgia Southern University with a BS in Kinesiology. She enjoys anything that involves being outdoors, such as running, equestrian, and water skiing. And absolutely loves spending 'sister time', and of course being a wife and a mommy to MC!